Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Years News at the Wilson's House

I guess no one in our family has any good news to post on our blog. I have been very busy getting ready to go to Australia. It is only 43 more sleeps - not that I am counting. I think Brian and Annette are counting more than I am. We leave February 27th and return on March 27th. I have our passports, our visas and the tickets all bought and paid for. That was our Cjhristmas presents for each other.

I had to go to Edmoton on Monday and Tuesday for Union meetings. It was a nightmare of a drive uo to Edmonton on Sunday. It was blowing snow from Ponoka all the way into Edmonton. When I got to Leduc it was an absolute whiteout from Leduc into Nisku. Then I went to the wrong hotel and tried to book into the West Harvest Inn and was supposed to be at the Hampton's Inn. All night Sunday the wind blew and the snow blew too, so we didn't venture too far from the hotel, just for meals. The meetings were good but the roads home were still bad. I have never seen the wind blow so bad as up there, and they says Southern Alberta is bad for wind.

I talked to Uncle Ivan but he didn't know who I was. He thought I was a neice but he didn't know which one, so then I got Frieda on the line and we had a good visit by phone. I would have like to gone and visited with them but it was just too cold to go anywhere., so I stayed at the hotel.

Now I have to go back again on the 26th again for one day of meetings. So other than that we don't have too much news. I am sick and tired of the cold weather. Today it is finally half decent weather. I think it was about 8 degrees this afternoon.

Well I sure hope you all get back to blogging once again, so I look forward to all your news since Christmas time.

Chow and all the Best in the New Year to everyone.

Shirley Wilson

No comments: