Monday, January 26, 2009

Cruising is awesome!

We are home again after a wonderful 2 weeks of cruising the Caribbean. It was a very relaxing and restful trip for us. We have never done 2 weeks long before, so we tried it this year. I think we could just get on the ship....go out in the middle of the ocean....and sit there. It doesn't really matter to us where they go....we just love the ship. The ports start to all look similar. They want you to do excursions, buy their souvenirs and spend lots of money. We just love relaxing on the ship. The weather is good, the people are friendly, and the meals are ...well...you know...always the best! Weather this year was a little cooler than usual (and really windy), but still better than home!

We did something new this year....we went swimming with the dolphins. I have to say we both loved it and will remember it for a long time. We got a video and lots of pictures. It was a great experience.

I also got well acquainted with the security and fire folks on the ship. I set off the smoke detector in our room twice. It is a really dumb the way it's designed. They have it right above the vanity, where women sit to do their hair. My curling iron kept setting it off. And I flooded our bathroom once, when I was showering. The drain wasn't working...not a really big deal. But when I finished the shower, it had overflowed out into the rest of the bathroom. Let's just say I was well acquainted with maintenance then too. What the hell....if you have to be famous...it has to be.

It's good to hear from everyone and know that you are all doing well and weathering out this cold winter. Marvelle: we are all really jealous and wish we could come live with you for the winter. It has been a very cold year at home! When we got home Sat. night from Ft. Lauderdale, it was -23 here. You really forget how cold that can be!

One lady from Florida said to us that she didn't know if she wanted to go home, because it was cold there this year. When I told her that I'd think of her, as I shovelled our snow, she was kinda quiet after that! Cry me a river!

We missed our kids. It's always good to go away, but even better to come home to those that you love. Alyssa was really funny yesterday. I think she had her arms around Papa's neck for an hour and wouldn't let him go. She really missed her Papa. When we called them last Sunday, she thought we were home and she could come over. When she realized we were still in Florida and had another week on the ship, she wouldn't even talk to us. Too funny.

Well, come see us, when you can. We are looking forward to our next family event....Ryan and Beth's baby comes in March. We can't wait to see our little guy!

Love to all,
Colleen

No comments: