Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas at our House

This has been quite the week. Last Friday was my Birthday and Ardell sent me sixty -- yes that is 6 0 long stem red roses to my office. My supervisor got the call that there was something at reception for my department, so she went down three floors to the other side of the building and up three floors to reception on the south bank of the building, then down carried the huge bouquet down three floors to the main atria and up the north elevators to our third floor. They were really heavy. She brought them to my pod and said if I had another delivery I had to go get it. So I unwrapped it all and it covered the whole pod - which is two -two drawer filing cabinets back to back. So the whole office knew I had received them, and I had to tell them they were from my Teddy Bear and there was 60 cause I was 60 years old that day. So then the whole office sang Happy Birthday to me. My face went very red to say the least. Then I had to call Ardell and tell him.

It was been bitterly cold this past week. Today we are -7 for a high, so that is balmy. Last night, Christmas eve, we spent at Colleen's house with her family and Brad was there too. It was so good to see him. Kara and her girls came over too. Heidi had gone to Randy's for the evening. Colleen is having them all over tomorrow for dinner. We all had a nice Chinese food supper with all the Boyers. Lucky and his daughter and husband and twin girls were there. Brianne and Alana are really cute kids. They are about 2 yrs old. Alissa and Alexis were there too.

This morning Ardell and I opened our gift from Melanie and Jules. It was a beautiful picture and a picture of Jules and one of the Vancouver Olympic symbol of the formation of rocks. I don't know what it is called.


Then we both fixed dinner this afternoon. I put the turkey in and Ardell instructed. We had a realy nice dinner just the two of us. It was quiet and we watch Cornation Street while we ate.
Now it is time for bed.

I just might tackle the Boxing Day Sales crowds tomorrow. I want to go get a few things that I didn't get for Christmas. I might even go shopping for myself too.

I talked to Marvelle and Clifford night before last. We have a book for all of you from Ardell's sister - Mary Anne Wilson Quinton. She has wrote a book of poems and published them. It is a great little book dedicated to her parents and her brothers, Ardell and Earnie. We have one each for all of my sisters. We will get them to you soon.

So I hope the whole family had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We sure had a quiet one and it was soooo good to just relax and be by ourselves. Talk to you all when we can.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thanks for your post! I'm glad to hear your birthday was wonderful! I am so sorry that we didn't send our wishes that day!!