Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Craft Day at Colleen's and a Fun Weekend
By Lester Ann

We all had a great day on Saturday at Colleen's doing crafts, laughing, playing, holding babies, laughing, eating, and just generally having a good time. We should make this an annual tradition.

I have downloaded a bunch of photos for you to see. You be the judge of what picture represents which statement about the day. There were lots of babies to play with and to hold. There were lots of kids having a ball, not the least of which being the biggest kid of us all. Hailey was the official photographer. We even got a few wonderful crafts completed.



Colleen didn't feel well that day and spent a good part of the day upstairs sleeping and resting on the couch. What a terrible day to be sick, especially with a house full of noisy and messy people like us. I came home sick too but it was definitely worth it. We are not sure who started it all but a lot of us were sick over the week end. At least we kept it all in the family. (We hope)












































Gayle had booked me a hotel room for Saturday night thinking I would like the quiet and privacy after a very busy and fun day but Taylor, Sydney and Hailey decided it would be fun to spend the night with me. So off we went to the hotel. We got there at about 10:30 p.m. and all were asleep by 11:00. That is all except me. I was reading a good book and it was 2:30 a.m. before I shut off the light and went to sleep.

Then on Sunday we either went to Dawn's ward or Colleen's. Those of us who went to Colleen's ward took in Ward Conference and those of us who went to Dawn's sat in on Allen being ordained a High Priest by his Dad, Jim Ackroyd. Allen has been called as a Stake High Councilman. In the afternoon we all abandoned Colleen and the others who were sick at her house and either went to Dawn and Allen's for dinner or to an Anderson Dinner at Robyn and Don Veroney's home. I think Colleen must have been happy to see us all leave.

After the weekend, I took the Nelson kids home as Gaylene had a doctor's appointment in Calgary on Monday and they took the opportunity to do some Santa Shopping. I got the kids off to school the next day and then spent the rest of the day reading and knitting. Gaylene and Duane arrived home in the wee small hours of Tuesday morning and as soon as they all went to school and work, I came home. By the time I got here I was feeling pretty rotten so I had a hot shower and went to bed. That was at about 11:00 a.m. I slept off and on all day and then right through the night. I must have needed the rest as I feel pretty good today. This poor old body can't take too many week ends like that any more. I hope that isn't an indication of what our Christmas season is going to be like. I'm not sure I could handle it but it will be fun trying.

On Friday, Nov 21 Colleen, Shirley and I went to Aunt Verna's funeral in Taber. It really was a nice funeral. The speakers were interesting and good and it was great to see so many family members there. Aunt Verna's direct descendants pretty well filled the center section in the Stake House Chapel in Taber. Aunt Norine and Uncle Ivan were there. Phillis Edwards was there and she said Aunt Lenore has a really hard time traveling these days so she wasn't there. They had a nice lunch after and it was a great time to socialize and catch up with all the cousins with what is going on in their lives. I only took one picture. It seems I didn't get at it until it was too late.


No comments: