Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It has been a busy fall for the Boyer house. We went to Vegas in October for a week with all of Dave's brothers and sisters. We stayed with Nickee for one night and had a great visit with her, then we stayed at Barb's timeshare with the Boyer family. We did the temple work for Dave's mother and father and then all the kids were sealed to them. It was really nice. It was the first time for them all to be in the temple together. We know it was a very happy day for their mother, but we're not sure what their father thinks! We had alot of fun shopping and laying in the sun at the pool. The temp was above 80 the entire week.

We had a quiet Halloween too, as far as kids coming to the door. I had 22 kids, when I usually have 30-40. I think families are going to the malls or chosing other activities. I went to Trick or Trunk with Kara, Heidi, Beth and the kids. Ryan and Beth were here for the weekend. Ryan went to Washington DC for the weekend on business, so we got to visit with Beth and the girls. We are happy to announce they are having a boy!! She is due in March. We finally might get another boy!

We have another family expecting.....David and Gaby are having another baby....not sure the date yet.

We are going to have a Craft Day at my house on Saturday, November 22nd from 10-4 (I have my office party that night). All the girls are invited. It would be great, if kids could be home with Dads, so we don't have a totally crazy house! Gaylene is ordering some materials for crafts, if you want to talk to her, or bring your own. I will do a lunch and we can just have a fun day of relaxing, visiting or crafting...whatever fits your fancy! It should be fun.

As Christmas time approaches, I get quite nostalgic. I love the season of fun and family. It's very rewarding to be a Grandma. I love to watch the kids as they play together and enjoy each other. They are all growing so quickly.

Please come see us...our door is always open.

Love to all,
Colleen

No comments: