Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Stewart Family Vacation

The Stewart Family Vacation.

Just before leaving Calgary. Garry and I had a new roof put on the house. It took them three days to finish. So, we couldn't get out of town till that was done. Then we just took an extra day around the house to prepare for the trip. And then we hit the road.

Every year we go out to Shuswap Lake where Roy has his Cabin.
We left here on July 13th. We got up very early and drove all morning to get there
by noon. We stayed out for two week. We had a great relaxing time.
We went to the beach every day. We went out for dinner one night.
We went mini golfing with the kids. We had great weather the whole time
we were out there, not too hot, just warm every day. So, it was nice to have a
cool dip in the lake. We have a new puppy. She is a golden retriever named Sierra. Sierra loved the dips in the lake. We all loved taking her for walks
every day down to the switch back and home. Thats the road that is as long
as our driveway and then back to the house. It is a good walk.

We were going to head home on Saturday July 26th, but Garry's Uncle Murray and Auntie Mary just got their boat fixed and asked if we would stay and extra day so, we could get a boat ride in for the kids and us. So, we did.

On sunday we headed out from the lake back for Calgary.
On the way we stopped and said our good byes to Mary and Murray, Lori and Guy - friends of theirs.

We stopped in sicamos to play at the beach waterfront and at the park. We all jumped out
of the van and headed out for our walk. As I had the dog on her leash walking the board walk a man approached me and said, "no dogs on the beach", so I head back to the van to wait for Garry and the kids. Two hours passed and they didn't come and didn't come. I couldn't go look for them, as the dog was not allowed and I could have been fined for having a dog at the beach.
I was sitting under the bridge waiting for them to come back to the van. I finally went in to look for them and said lets get going. Garry said to me, "Where were you.??" I told him. I was waiting on him to come back to the van so, we could get on the road and I couldn't have the doggie in the park. I was so, mad. He thought I took off shopping with the dog. Now, how do you go shopping with a dog and no wallet. I had no keys to even put the dog in the van so, I could go back and get garry and the kids. So, I sat and waited and waited. We got back on the roadarriving home to Calgary very late that night till 11pm. Garry had to work the
next morning and we still had to unload the van. Man, what a day!! I am glad that drive is over.

Roy and Bernice are doing well. They plan on going to Europe in Aug for 3 weeks.
Jeanne and Gerd have moved down to Cranbrook. So, we are traveling down there
Aug. long week end to go camping with them. Jeanne just had surgery. She is doing much better and is recovering well.

Christopher starts grade one and Ashley starts grade three on Aug. the 1st. Our kids are in year round school, so it back to school on Friday. For every holiday they get an extra week off.
So, at Thanks Giving instead of only one week. They will get two weeks. I am looking forward to them going back too. They are ready, as they haven't had time to be bored to tears yet. We only had a week after they finished school in June, then we went on our holidays, and now they will be back into school next Friday.

The Stewart Family.

No comments: