Sunday, July 27, 2008

Grandma Camp Has Started

We started Grandma Camp yesterday. The kids all arrived by about 3:30 and we did some planning and then all went for Dinner at Tony Roma's. We celebrated birthdays for Taylor and Jill. The cutest comment of the night was Peirce who decided that he wouldn't have ribs because he was a vegetarian. When I asked him what he wanted instead, he said he would have a hamburger. Today after church we had lunch which took until 3:00 and then did crafts. The theme of Grandma Camp this year is President Hinckley's 6 B's. They made shrink art of the 6 Bees. They are Bee Clean, Bee Grateful, Bee Humble, Be Prayerful, Be smart, Bee True. They made necklaces and earrings and had a ball playing with the beads. Jordan wasn't too into the beading. He said that was a "girly" thing but when he saw how much fun the others were having he joined in. Tonight we watched the Pioneer Special for the 24th of July on the BYU Channel. They featured the Osmonds as they are celebrating their 50th year in the entertainment business. Jordan asked if they were older than the Beetles and when I told him they were, he couldn't believe it. I guess he thinks the Beetles are the oldest singers in the world. After the show, Taylor set the example for all the rest by cleaning the family room in order for them all to get ready for bed. She did an excellent job there and then came upstairs and did the same in the kitchen. What a great kid she is!!

Tonight I had them all get into the new PJ's I made for them and we took pictures of them all and then they went straight to bed. By 10:30 the house was quiet. How did I do that you may ask? Well I could say that Grandma's have the touch but really I bribed them. I told them that if they went to bed good tonight and I didn't have to speak to them once about making noise, we would go into the park tomorrow night after it gets dark and play light tag light sticks. They must have taken me seriously as they all went right to sleep. It is great.

So Grandma camp is going swimmingly.

I will include a couple of photos and if I have time, report again in a couple of days.

Love to you all.
LA/Mom, Aunt Nan, etc.

PS for some reason I can't get the pictures to attach so I will post this and do another one with the them.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow! I love it that Taylor is such a helper. Maybe Jill will decide she can be a cleaner too. :0)