Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day to everyone. Tell us what you did for the holiday.

Rollie and Lauretta Boisselle came to Lethbridge for the long weekend and since we can't get them a room at the El Rancho anymore and I am here alone, they stayed here with me. It has been a fun week end. We went to Raymond last night for a variety type show. I was really good. Then we went and saw the parade and had lunch with the whole Heggie family. It was a fun day.

Taylor was in Raymond and I saw her on Monday night. Dawn and Allen and kids were there today also. We drove home in one of the worst rain storms you can imagine. We got 8 inches in two hours.

When we got back to Lethbridge we realized we have been declared a disaster area because of the rain storm we had today. If you watched the news tonight you would have seen the flooding all over the city. Thank goodness our house if fine. I didn't even realize there was a problem in town until people started calling me to see if we were OK. All is well.

Dawn and Allen stopped in before they headed for home tonight and we had a nice visit.

I am managing OK with Gayle away. I am busy as can be with Moroni's Quest sewing and other projects, my house is getting all caught up and I am working for Brad for the next couple of weeks. I haven't had time to get lonely. It is a good thing I am busy. Gayle is settling in well at the hotel. He likes the hotel, his new staff, and things are falling into place for him. We talk three or more times a day on the phone.

Lets hear from everyone else. Tell us about your week end.
Love to you all
LA

No comments: