Saturday, August 4, 2007

My blog of August 4th, 2007

Hi - everyone. I'm back in the saddle and will write again now as often as I can.
Question today: "NAME YOUR BEST SCHOOL CHUMS"
Because we moved alot until I was in grade five at Taber Elementary I had various friends. In Taber though I had a very best friend called Maurine Tufts. Maurine lived in town and so I stayed at her place alot. Her Mother and Father couldn't hear very well and so we did alot of things that were questionable. They would always tell us when we had to be home. We never did keep a curfew with them because they never heard you when you came home and so we always stayed later than we should have.
We found out in later life that Maurine and I were in the same nursery in Lethbridge in the old Galt Hospital. She and I were born in the same year = she on the 5th of May and me on the 9th of May. The Galt was later made into a museum. We used to laugh and say that we had be born in a museum.
Her mother is now 99 years old. She is quite an old gal and Maurine and Gwen her two daughters come to Canada about two times a year to see her. Maurine always comes to see me. She now lives in Mesa just out of Phoenix. We see her often now when we go to Phoenix for the winter.
Maurine married a man from Texas and so went to live in the States. We went away to business college together and have kept in touch all these years. She had red hair. Her husband has red hair and she has 5 kids all with varying degrees of red hair. She came to see me one time when our kids were small. Brad couldn't get over that her children had red hair. I have a picture of them (Brad and Greg) with Brad looking at Gregs' red hair) It is really cute. Brad kept feeling the kid's hair and so each time he felt Greg's hair, Greg would cry and cry. Those were the good old days.
love Marvelle

No comments: