Monday, August 20, 2007

Colleen's Summer Update

Well....I know it's long past due for me to jump on this wagon. So here goes!


It's been a busy summer, but I'm home now for 2 weeks after my surgery. It is heaven! I love the time to rest, relax and catch up on some of my projects.

We arrived home from Florida on the 1st of July. It was fun to see Ryan, Beth and the girls. Jacksonville was beautiful. We relaxed in the pool most of the time, went shopping, and just had a good time with the girls. Ryan was always gone working, so Beth was our tour guide. Hailey is swimming like a little fish. Ava is getting big....she's so chubby! It's pretty cute. I'll post some of the pictures.






Here's our cute little girl....pretty chubby!

We took a weekend trip down to Carmangay and then to Cardston. I took some pictures down at the ranch. I'm sure glad Dad can't see it now. It was terrible. Weeds as high as the house, nothing painted and everything in disarray.

The house looks like no one lives in it.


There are 2 big trailers with people living in them. One in the bottom right corner and the other trailer is south west of the house on the hill. Nothing looked very prosperous. There was no one around except a great big dog. I didn't get out of the truck!





On the long weekend in August we went down to the Tolman Reunion on Dave's mother's side. It is always lots of fun. We usually go out to their property down by Old Chief, but the fire ban pushed it into town this year. We spent Saturday at the Lion's Park in downtown Cardston, then we spent Sunday in Waterton with the Boyer side. Rocky came up from Utah with his son, Aaron and his wife, Marissa. We had lots of fun with them all.





This deer wouldn't leave our food alone!








These are Crystal's twins. Aren't they cute!





It's always so beautiful up there! The day was perfect.




Heidi and Tanner came with us (Nevaeh & Brandon too). They had alot of fun.





Dave has lost 30 lbs now. He has 50 to go.





Rocky, Dave, Barb & Lucky





Blackie and Debra were in Scotland.







Beth came home August 7th with the girls. Ryan will be home after the end of August. He has bought an Escalade down there, so he's driving it home.






Here's our latest picture of our cutie patootie!




I had my gall bladder surgery on August 16th, so I'm home and doing fine now. I get 2 blissful weeks at home, so I'm enjoying every minute of it. Dave has even been waiting on me hand and foot.....it's kinda nice!




Dave is planning another trip to Buenos Aires September 7th - 22nd. Here's our latest picture of Cindy....isn't she cute!


David and Gaby's baby, Cindy Angelina.




I hope everyone has had a great summer. It's nearly over already! The air today definitely feels like fall.


Love to all,


Colleen











4 comments:

The Family Called Hyde said...

I figured out why this wouldn't publish - there were some HTML tags that were off. I removed the ones that weren't working and then it published....all is well!
Dawn

The Family Called Hyde said...

Sounds like you had a fun summer, Colleen. Even with the surgery it sounds like you are having a great rest. I can't believe how bad the ranch looks from those pictures. Isn't it sad!?!!
Ava is pretty cute all right! Beth brought her and Hailie here yesterday so she could do some work on the internet. I played with Hailie and Ava and they both are pretty cute little girls. Hailie sure has lenghthened out and she has become a good big sister. We went down to the Grandma room and played while Beth was busy. Hailie had to go to the bathroom and while she did that I folded a blanket and was putting it in the chest just outside the bathroom door. I could see Ava the whole time as she was sitting in the middle of the floor playing with a little stuffed toy, Hailie came out of the BR and said, "Hey, why did you leave Ava alone?" I assured her I could see her and she accepted that. We had a good time coloring and putting puzzles together.

Waterton looks beautiful in your pictures. They have had an excellent year there this year. The weather has been so nice. There is nothing nicer than Waterton when it is nice. We had a great day they with our kids at Grandma camp.
LA

Dawn said...

Glad to hear that your surgery went well! Your pictures are great. Thanks for posting!
Dawn

Dawn said...

Mom - that's a pretty entertaining comment from Hailie. Guess she understands well her role as big sister! LOL