Friday, March 12, 2021

Witnesses to the Baptism By Marvelle Hyde Noble

 My Dad, although a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, had not been active until we moved to Rosemary.  He decided to quit smoking and take us all to church.  I loved it. I went to Primary and Sunday School and, met lots of kids. 

I do not remember all the details that got us to the Bassano Dam, but we were there and my Dad was baptizing some people that day.  We were at the back wash behind the dam.  The weather was beautiful.  Rosemary was a small ward, but there were some people there watching. 

I remember looking back from the water’s edge and seeing many people dressed in white on the hill behind the small group of people, watching the baptism.  The people who were dressed in white were also extremely interested in watching the baptism. 

That is all I remember, but I can tell you, I saw them!  There might have been  two or three hundred people there.  I especially remember the women who were dressed I long white dresses. 

I mentioned it to mother.  She said she only saw those who had come from the ward. 

But I saw them.  All I can figure out is that the Lord let me look beyond the veil for just a moment.  I was not afraid, and at the time, thought it perfectly normal they should be there.  May we so live to enjoy all the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for us. 


 

No comments: