Monday, March 8, 2021

The Best Change

It was here at Rosemary, Marvelle started school in the fall of 1945. I remember well that morning as she went down the road to the gate to meet the school bus. She was so full of life and so eager to get going. This got me to thinking. “This girl is going to be a leader in life, no matter what she chooses to do. Many will follow her. Somebody needs to lead her in the right direction. I guess that somebody is going to have to have to be me.” 

At this stage of my life, I had picked up some habits that were not good me. I was a smoker. I wasn’t a big drinker but had taken a drink now and then. That morning I made the decision to give up my habits and get my life in order. That was when we started going to church and we have never looked back. 

On March 20, 1947, we were sealed in the Cardston temple and our two little girls were sealed to us. Marvelle wrote a story about our trip to Cardston. All the details of her story are true. 

No comments: