Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Let The Record Show....


By Dawn Jensen Ackroyd

One Sunday afternoon, when we lived in Black Mountain in Kelowna, the kids were left to clean up dinner and the parents went and had a Sunday nap. Someone got the ghetto blaster out and the music started. Apparently, this doesn't help parents sleep very well and my mom came in and told us to please turn down the music. 

Well, actually, the cassette shows otherwise. It turned out mom had hit the record button when she asked us to pipe down and Gaylene's mix tape was suddenly being recorded over. She kept that cassette for years (Maybe even still has it? Could be!) We enjoyed laughing about that recording for years. 

(Imagine Quiet Riot being played very loudly....ironically, the song was Come On Feel the Noise)

Then suddenly, BAM! "Shut up!"

Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! 

Quiet voices of three teenagers start to emerge:

Voice #1: Wowee....she's grumpy. 
Voice #2: Ya. I can't wait until I can have kids so I can make them do all the dishes.
Voice #3: Ya. They just had me so I could mow the lawn. 


And just in case you don't know the song....enjoy! 
(You'll have to turn your volume right up to really get the feel of the experience of my poor parents!)


 


No comments: