Friday, July 13, 2007

Welcome to Blogging Land!

I am glad to see some of you are catching on how to use this blog!

To answer your question Aunt Shirley - it doesn't cost anything. We can post pictures and write news...just like on the other site...and comments can be neatly packaged with each blog (just click on the link at the bottom of the post). I figured it would work just as well. The only thing I figure it missing is the calender function....but I'll work on that and see if we can't figure out some way to have that info on here too. There must be a way.

We're doing well in the Ackroyd house....other than trying not to melt life is pretty simple. I think that since I'm pregnant I feel extra hot....cause the hot weather sure feels hotter than I think it should. We spent a little more than a week in Raymond. We stayed with Allen's sister, Carmen, and she has air conditioning. I'm thinking I should go back there! :0)

Our kids have enjoyed being home. I have too. I have decided I'm a real home-body. I wouldn't mind sending Allen to buy the groceries, or do other errands...and I just stay at home, perfectly content. Doesn't seem to quite work that way though.

Jill and Peirce are really enjoying playing together and having some lazy days. It's interesting to me how people say you should have your kids close together so that they can be good friends - I'd found Jill and Peirce really enjoy playing together despite their difference in age. It's nice to see.

Peirce has a goal this summer to learn to read. I think he's ready for it. He knows all the letters and sounds and can tell you what words start with. I just need to quit being lazy and help the poor kid along with the next steps. He told me that he wished he could read because he sees Jill spending a lot of time reading and wishes he could do that too. He says looking at the pictures isn't as interesting. Funny boy.

Hope everyone else's summer is going well. If you have questions about how to use this site send me an email. I'll be happy to help you out! (dackroyd@telus.net)

No comments: