Thursday, July 26, 2007

Life At the Ackroyds

Last weekend we went to Edmonton for Allen's youngest brother's wedding. It was a great day. I can't really say that everything went off without a hitch - but there were no great tragedies and we had a wonderful time visiting with relatives and celebrating David and Crystal. They were married at the Bonnydoon (sp?) chapel in Edmonton. We went afterwards and took pictures at the legislature. There is a big wading pool there and there were tons of people swimming in there - just about made Peirce crazy. I told him he could roll up his pants and walk in the water...but I could see that it was only a matter of time before he was right in there - so I let him know that it's okay for little boys to take quick swims in their underwear - so he did, and loved it. We looked pretty funny walking back to the car. Allen was in his black suit, I'm in my black dress (did we mention the wedding was all black and white?), and Jill is in her ultra fancy white dress....and we're holding the hand of a little boy in wet gonch. Such is life!
I'd post some pictures but I don't have my camera right now. Yesterday my kids decided to take my digital camera to the park to take some pictures. They asked permission to do it. My mistake was I didn't check on the camera when they returned. I needed it today and couldn't find it. Jill swore she brought it home and put it on my desk. We've looked high and low. Finally Allen came home for lunch. On his way back to the office he went by the park and found a sign taped to the bench that said someone had found a digital cameraand to call to claim it.My blood pressure is still a little high.....but I think I will letthem live. Earlier I had told them that they couldn't watch TV or play on the computer until it was found - even if took until they were 12. Peirce, who is 5, said, "Is that after I get baptized?" Jill responded that it was way after. He flopped on the floor and said, "Oh no!! I'll probably be DEAD by then!"
Kids!!!
Edit: Camera has been found!! Here are some pictures from the wedding
Zane and Claire walking in. They were to spread petals - only I think Zane forgot and was holding on to Claire's hand for dear life...and Claire couldn't figure out how to hold the basket and spread the petals.....oh the details!
Joel coming in with Jeremy. Jeremy is 6 months old and was in a wagon. He had the rings (very brave of everyone if you ask me!)
The bride!! Also now known as Auntie Crystal
Peirce and one of his favorite cousins, Claire.







This is Jill, Maren Christensen, Soleil Letournea, Zoe Letourneau, Zan Letourneau and Peirce at the wedding. We're missing a few cousins that were there (the littlest girls, Maren and Anna, as well as the rest of the boys, Joel, Jeremy and Samuel) The battery on my camera was low that day so I was kind of stingy with pictures and planned to go get a new battery...but we never did get around to getting on...no time!

No comments: