Friday, June 6, 2008

Jill's Latest Accomplishment

Last night Jill called us with exciting news. We are so proud of her. I will let your read it in her words. She posted this on her blog last night and I think it should also be on the family blog so we all know what a great swimmer she is.

****CONGRATULATIONS JILL****

From one Proud Grandma!!

(Today was the last day of swim club for the year. I achieved my goal to get to stage 4. We did 4 length of choice for warm up. I did breast stroke. Then we did a set of 40 50 m free. Then we played penguin. Then we played sharks and minnows. I did considerably well in that game. Then we had free time. I went off the board then I played with a pool noodle. After that my coach (Heather) gave me the good news. I was definitely more excited than the other girls. See, they didn't care much. Unlike me, who was hugging the coaches, dancing in the locker room, things like that.Now I will be called an actual competitive swimmer. I will swim 3 times a week instead of 2. I will go to so many more races. I remember Heather saying I was so focused and that I just kept my eyes on the prize. )

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow, Jill! That's awesome! Congratulations. Another great athlete in our family!