Thursday, June 19, 2008

Grandma is PROUD

Our darling Ashley will be playing piano on Sunday, June 22nd at 1:30 at the Salvation Army Hall on Sandringham Drive NW. She has been practising all year to play in front of other people. This is her first recital. Her Grandma Wilson is going to be there. Her Grandma Bernice and Grandpa Roy will be there too.

If any of the family would care to join us and listen to her recital, I am sure you will be pleased with her piano skills. She is becoming quite a little pianist. This year Paula changed teachers, because her first teacher had to move to Edmonton to care for her mother. Her new teacher has individual lessons and then once in a while she has a group lesson. I think that is a perfect idea to get the students prepared for playing in front of other people besides Mom and Dad and their siblings. Ashley really enjoys her lessons and has done so well with them.

Their piano was given to the family by Garry's grandmother Sophie Stewart who played herself. She has passed away some time ago and she really wanted Garry's family to take the piano from her, because she knew that Garry would see to it that the piano was respected and his children could then take lessons. I am sure that Grandma Sophie with be with us at Ashley's recital on Sunday and she would be very proud of her great-granddaughter for her music she plays. Ashley is very studious and faithful with her practising.

When I am at the house she loves to play little pieces for me. I think she will take after her Oma Jeannie Koenig and learn to play by ear. Whenever the family gathers together, we love to listen to Jeannie play the piano. I am sure Ashley will take after her in her musical ability.

So if you are bored on Sunday afternoon and would like to join us at the recital, please do so. I know for sure I will be there with a tickle in my heart, just because I love Ashley oHHH soooo much. She is my special granddaugher and I love her.

Grandma Shirley

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sorry we didn't read this sooner! I hope the recital went great!