Thursday, October 9, 2008

Peace River

I cameup to Peace River on Sept 27 after going with Colleen and Dave, Ryan and Beth, Kara, Heidi, and Colleen's friend to Terry Wasden's presentation called Awesome Journey. It gave us lots to think about. After the presentation I went to Colleen's house and stocked up on stories to listen to in the car and started my 8 hour trip to Peace River. It was a pretty drive but very long. After arriving in Peace River and look all over for Gayle, (He decided to go out to the edge of town where there is a detour and show me how to find the hotel. It was dark.) Well I made the wrong turn and got into town without being stopped by the detour. He couldn't figure out where I was and I didn't have a clue where he was. I tried calling his cell. No answer. He had left his cell in the hotel room. After much running around I finally found him and brought him home. That was about 10:00 p.m.

The next morning we went to church. They have a little branch with a beautiful new chapel. It brought back memories of Hinton when we were in Jasper. All the members are really friendly and they were all very happy that I had finally arrived. Gayle introduced me to everyone and I can't remember most of them. There was another new couple there and they sat next to us. We chatted with them and found they were connected to people we know. He is a brother to Ellis Stonehocker, our old bishop when we lived in Bonavista and she was a daughter to Gayle Johnson, the man Gayle was named after. It was really neat to meet them and we had lunch at the hotel together.

Since arriving, I have done a lot of reading, a lot of writing on the computer, a lot of knitting, and sewing (That is without my machine. I am doing as much as I can and will finish when I get home to my sewing machine. ) some home teaching with Gayle (he is doing a lot of that as it helps to pass the time when he isn't at work.), a lot of walking, photographing, and most of all a lot of sleeping. (I have a lot to catch up on after the summer. I don't go to bed very early when Gayle isn't home, gonna have to break that habit.) This past Saturday we went to Grand Prairie for the day. Boy is that a bustling town and it was a really pretty drive. The colored leaves are just about gone now. The wind blew some the other day and most of the leaves are gone now. No wonder we don't have many fall colors in Southern Alberta.

So now we are waiting for Dawn and Allen to come for Thanksgiving. That will be fun!! We have some activities planned for the kids. There is a predominately French speaking town a few miles away. We would like to take Jill and Peirce there. There is a good movie for kids at the local theatre. It is about Chihuahuas We figure they will enjoy that. We will see what else we can find
to do with them. Then I will go back to Calgary with them and try to find a ride home from
there. Gotta work on that one.

When I get home I have the Convention for Hospital Auxiliaries on Oct 20 - 22. I will be glad to have that one over with.

We hope all is well with everyone.
Love'
LA and Gayle

No comments: